Monday, October 12, 2020

Playlist For Sunday, October 18, 2020: I'll even SHARE a cupcake!

So it's all about me this coming Sunday. It's my 65th birthday, so it'll be MY PARTY and I'll Sondheim/Styne/Brown/Schwartz  if I want to!

 

No, really. It's my actually birthday ON SUNDAY! Now I usually take OFF for my birthday...off from any kind of work, and off geographically, to semi-exotic lands (at the very least, leave my zip code). But this year, nope. I'm choosing to share my birthday with you and give myself an excuse to foist favorites in your general direction. So no escargot or creme this or brulee that. Maybe just a stale baguette or a PayDay. But that's okay. Hey, I'm vertical, breathing, varicose-free (well, almost), I just got a haircut, and I've now got Medicare. So huzzah and other medieval exclamations. See, I'm a jolly good fellow!

Plus I have an ulterior motive: Pledge Drive! Jazz 90.1 is "in the thick of it", halfway thru our fall campaign, and I'm pretty darn sure that a LIVE amount of begging will be more fruitful than a pre-recorded one. Mike Velasquez joined me for this past Sunday's edition, and while we had A LOT of fun together and did get a few pledges, we need to raise more.

 

Broadway music is a niche market when it comes to radio. Not many stations (talkin' non-satellite, now) offer 2 hours of Broadway tunes every week. And I may not have a huge audience, and I'm okay with that. But to those of you who LOVE this stuff, the Broadway-philes, please consider joining this Jazz90.1 party and keep Broadway (and my drivel about it) coming atcha every Sunday, with a contribution! The size of your donation (and other things, supposedly) doesn't matter at all.

I'd consider it a birthday present! Or a slice of cake. Or a standing ovation from your aisle seat. 

 


 So call me on Sunday! Wish me 65 more...and donate some dough! :)

 

It's Today (Angela Lansbury, Mame)

By The Sea (Angela Lansbury, Len Cariou, Sweeney Todd)

Each Tomorrow Morning (Angela Lansbury, Dear World)

God, That's Good (Angela Lansbury, Len Cariou, Ken Jennings, Company, Sweeney Todd)

Bells Are Ringing (Ensemble, Bells Are Ringing)

It's A Perfect Relationship (Judy Holliday, Bells Are Ringing)

Drop That Name (Judy Holliday, Ensemble, Bells Are Ringing)

Opening Doors (Jim Walton, Lonny Price, Ann Morrison, Jason Alexander, Sally Klein, Merrily We Roll Along)

Someone In A Tree (James Dybas, Mako, Ensemble, Pacific Overtures)

Send In The Clowns (Glynis Johns, A Little Night Music)

La Valse d'Amelie (Instrumental, Amelie)

Guilty (Al Bowly, Amelie)

Soir De Fete (Instrumental, Amelie)

Halfway (Savvy Crawford, Phillipa Soo, Amelie)

Magic To Do (Patina Miller, Company, Pippin)

On The Right Track (Ben Vereen, John Rubenstein, Pippin)

No Time At All (Andrea Martin, Pippin)

The Prince Is Giving A Ball (Ensemble, Cinderella)

Impossible; It's Possible (Edie Adams, Julie Andrews, Cinderella)

Stepsisters' Lament (Alice Ghostley, Kaye Ballard, Cinderella)

A Lovely Night (Julie Andrews, Cinderella)

Prologue (James Naughton, City Of Angels)

Lost And Found (Rachel York, City Of Angels)

Double Talk Walk (Instrumental, City Of Angels)

You Can Always Count On Me (Randy Graff, City Of Angels)

It's Gettin' Hot In Here (Lauren Molina, Desperate Measures)

Stop There (Peter Saide, Desperate Measures)

Just For You (Lauren Molina, Conor Ryan, Desperate Measures) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment