Monday, April 6, 2020

Playlist For April 12, 2020: La Vie est ...

Chapter 17: In which our heroine, at a loss for social interaction, becomes much too exhilarated by the prospects of a dental emergency.

Last week was soooo exciting! See, just before air time at Jazz 90.1 last Sunday, I decided to perk up with a (totally legal) Energy Bloc (their spelling, not mine). These are chewy (and how!) cubes of pure sugar (tho they say different), masquerading as zippy/peppy/pop-in-your-mouth morsels to eat when you need that certain boost. I "do" these on bike trips, not usually in Le Studio, but hey! I'd missed my chai latte fix, and these are desperate times.

But then suddenly I seemed to be chewing on gravel. A piece of the road? Nope, a piece of my tooth. In a (thank god) no-photo moment, I pried said piece outta my mouf and outta the candy (cuz, let's be Frank, Shirley...that's what it is), to find the crown off a back molar. I mean, I knew it wasn't actually MY TOOTH, cuz it looked waaaay too text-book and perfect and non-cavitized. Hence, I would require dentistry, if I were to gulp blissfully hot java or crunch granola ever again.



 And Blocs!


So that was exciting! I got to see my dentist! Whoo-hoo! Cuz even in these wacky times, affixing crowns is considered an emergency.  Who frickin' knew? All this to say, I had AN APPOINTMENT TO GO TO. On a Tuesday! Whoa... Highlight of the week. Otherwise, it's online yoga. It's online chats. It's lonely dinners with my cat (who orders the liver, EVERYTIME), and lonely walks hither/thither. Without missing molar "tiaras" (the irony is not lost on me), c'est la vie ENNUI!



 versus




BUT then BROADWAY, which the powers that be on Jazz90.1 have allowed me to continue to broadcast LIVE! (They're even disinfecting before my arrival. Like I'm royalty. Even without my "crown".) So, along with dental procedures, I get to carve playlists and look forward to my Sundays even more than usual. No more Energy Blocs, of course, so my teeth will remain IN my mouth, and we can enjoy (in this coming week's show) a New York City theme, a devilish/paper moon (mit stars!) theme, a little Music Man so Robert P. can do his Ya Got Trouble diatribe, and my favorite Bullets Over Broadway, cuz what's a pledge drive without Hot Dogs and Bananas (Yes, we have No!)?

I've rambled. Remember to donate. If ya can!


Deep Beneath The City/Not There Yet (Company, In Transit)
New York, New York (John Battles, Adolph Green, Cris Alexander, On
       The Town)
I'll Take Manhattan (Ruth Tester, Allan Gould, Makers Of Melody)
Take Me Back To Manhattan (Eileen Rodgers, Anything Goes)
Don't Forget 127th Street (Sammy Davis, Jr., Golden Boy)
Manhattan (Tim Curry, My Favorite Year)
Do You Miss New York? (Dave Frishberg, At The Algonquin)
A Band In New York City (Corey Cott, Laura Osnes, Company, Bandstand)
Civilization (Elaine Stritch, Elaine Stritch At Liberty)
Old Devil Moon (Ella Logan, Donald Richards, Finian's Rainbow)
It's Only A Paper Moon (Cliff Edwards)
Moonshine Lullaby (Bernadette Peters, Annie Get Your Gun)
Stars And The Moon (Sutton Foster, Take Me To The World)
Shroeder's Moonlight Sonata (Reva Rose, You're A Good
       Man, Charlie Brown)
Lazy Moon (Ensemble, Goldilocks) 
The Man In The Moon Is A Lady (Bea Arthur, Just Between Friends)
Wells Fargo Wagon (Ensemble, The Music Man)
Lida Rose/Will I Ever Tell You? (The Buffalo Bills, Barbara Cook,
       The Music Man)
Ya Got Trouble (Robert Preston, The Music Man)
He's The Last Word (Ben Bernie And All The Lads)
Cooking Breakfast (Annette Hanshaw)
The Very Thought Of You (Al Bowlly)
You Rascal, You (Sammy Davis, Jr., Rufus Jones For President)
You Rascal, You (Ensemble, Bullets Over Broadway)
Let's Misbehave (Helene Yorke, Brooks Ashmanskas, Bullets Over Broadway)
Runnin' Wild (Company, Bullets Over Broadway)
The Hot Dog Song (Helene Yorke, Jim Borstelmann, Bullets Over Broadway)
Yes, We Have No Bananas (Company, Bullets Over Broadway)


No comments:

Post a Comment