Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Playlist for Sunday, April 3, 2016: But I Want A LATTE!

You wanna know the truth? It's a treadmill...this whole thing.  Broadway Broadway Broadway!  You don't think I get tired of tap shoes and follow spots? You think I eat, breathe, and smoke this stuff? You think I'm a perky little Broadway cheerleader 24/7?  Heck, no. I have my moments.  Like this week. I mean, sometimes I just wanna go to the mall, have a latte, and whine about my life, like a normal person. Leave my bunny slippers on for an entire day, watch William Powell and Myrna Loy get "Thin" and pet my cat. Sniff.

But my musically-starved public awaits, and I must deliver. I am called to a higher obligation, weekly!  Gershwin! Nathan! Tarantellas! Audra! The Broadway grind calls, and you know what? You listen to enough of this stuff and the treadmill starts to dance. In spite of yourself, you start to smile...how does that happen? I guess it's my form of crack, or absinthe, or puff pastry...I'm a Broadway junkie. Someone should write a song about it. And put it in a show.


Slap That Bass (Harry Groener, Ensemble, Crazy For You)
I Got Rhythm (Max Von Essen, Brandon Uranowitz, Robert Fairchild,
        An American In Paris)
Cactus Time In Arizona (Louise Carlyle, Ensemble, Girl Crazy)
Delishious (Bobby Short, K-RA-ZY for Gershwin)
Crazy He Calls Me (Audra McDonald, Lady Day At Emerson's Bar And
        Grill)
How Ya Baby (Ensemble, Ain't Misbehavin')
What A Little Moonlight Can Do (Audra McDonald, Lady Day At Emerson's
        Bar And Grill)
Of Thee I Sing (Larry Kert, Maureen McGovern, Of Thee I Sing)
Bidin' My Time (Mary Martin, Girl Crazy)
Naughty Baby (Jodi Benson, Crazy For You)
The Boy From... (Millicent Martin, Side By Side By Sondheim)
I Remember That (Andrea Burns, Clarke Thorell, Saturday Night)
All Aboard (John Byner, The Frogs)
Tra La La (Gene Kelly, Oscar Levant, An American In Paris)
They Can't Take That Away From Me (Fred Astaire, Shall We Dance?)
Who Cares? (Bea Arthur, Just Between Friends)
Do It Again (Jane Russell)
One (Company, A Chorus Line)
Where Did We Go Right? (Nathan Lane, Mathew Broderick, The Producers)
I Love To Travel (Nathan Lane, Roger Bart, The Frogs)
When You're An Addams (Nathan Lane, Ensemble, The Addams Family)
Prologue: A Warning To The Audience (Ensemble, A Gentleman's Guide To
        Love And Murder)
You're A D'Ysquith (Jane Carr, Bryce Pinkham, A Gentleman's Guide To
        Love And Murder)
Poison In My Pocket (Bryce Pinkham, Jefferson Mays, Catherine Walker,
        A Gentleman's Guide To Love And Murder)
I'm A Bad, Bad Man (Ray Middleton, Annie Get Your Gun)Bad Companions (Nathaniel Frey, Margaret Hamilton, Ensemble, Goldilocks)
I Wanna Be Bad (Helen Kane)
Too Bad (Jules Munshin, Peter Lorre, Joseph Buloff, Fred Astaire,
        Silk Stockings)
Hook's Tango (Cyril Ritchard, Peter Pan)
Tarentella (Cyril Ritchard, Peter Pan)
I Say It's Spinach And The Hell With It (Jeffry Denman, Meredith Patterson,  
        Face The Music)
You've Gotta Eat Your Spinach, Baby (Shirley Temple, Jack Haley, Alice Faye,
        Poor Little Rich Girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment