Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Broadway Pledge Power!

Instead of kneeling on rice to get some donations,
I'll be playing some real favorites this Sunday,
including "Make An Omelette"
from Something Rotten!

And then there's Christine Ebersole,
from Grey Gardens...
"The Revolutionary Costume for the Day."
They can get you in East Hampton for wearing red shoes on a Thursday...
did you know that?

"Fugue for Tin Horns"
from Guys and Dolls, the original Broadway production of 1951,
with Stubby Kaye, Douglas Deane, and Johnny Silver.
AND I'm throwing in the Forbidden Broadway version as well,
"Fugue for Scalpers."

A Chorus Line, of course!
"I Hope I Get It"...second the emotion!

And if I had my way,
I'd play "The Hot Dog Song" (above with Helene Yorke)
from Woody Allen's only Broadway show,
Bullets Over Broadway,
once a month!
 (Hmmmm...maybe I already do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment