Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Playlist For Sunday, March 13, 2022: Ireland Meets Broadway (The Wearing Of The Green Boa!)

Well, I'm still glowing. :) Last Sunday's "2 Heads Are Better Than 1" edition was super fun, avec my talented progeny, Bellisant, as my co-host...hopefully you found us less than irritating with our (sometimes) wry and (infrequently) insightful comments, amongst many giggles. ALSO the reception, thanks to horrific winds, was challenging! So if you're very brave and want a glitch-free re-listen, just head over to the Jazz901.org Audio Vault, cuz I have "uploaded" that edition there!

 

I miss her snide already.

Meanwhile on the horizon, Irish-ness! And the Ides. And a time change. Huzzah to all! The first of those means a bit of the ol' sod on 2 On The Aisle's Act 1 this coming Sunday...we'll fill that hour with Glocca Morras and Dubliners, Irish Roses and Jugs of Punch. Some Broadway, and some traditional (very offffff Broadway) folk (and drinking) songs. We'll make up for that fall off the wagon in Act 2, celebrating the opening anniversaries of 3 (almost all) classic musicals, like The Book of Mormon and My Fair Lady. Sooooo something for everybody ("a comedy tonight!"). 

 

McCarthy's Bar in Castletownbere...great pub (that we actually DRANK IN) and a great book, by Pete McCarthy!


There seem to be no musicals about the Ides of March (please prove me wrong!) or the time change, unless you count Groundhog Day, but there is NO TIME CHANGE there at all, so forget I even mentioned it. Just listen in. No demon child to fire quips at, but I'll try my best "all alone"...and I will wear a green boa for inspiration!

How my exercise homies and I do St. Pats!

 

 When Irish Eyes Are Smiling (John McCormack, Isle O'Dreams)

It's A Great Day For The Irish (Judy Garland, Little Nellie Kelly)

An Irish Girl (Debbie Reynolds, Irene)

The Rattlin' Bog (The Irish Rovers)

How Are Things In Glocca Morra? (Ella Logan, Finian's Rainbow)

Mo Ghille Mear (The Choral Scholars Of University College Dublin)

Whiskey In The Jar (The Dubliners)

My Wild Irish Rose (Chauncey Olcott)

A Jug Of Punch (The Clancy Brothers)

Look To The Rainbow (Ella Logan, Donald Richards, Finian's Rainbow)

Black Velvet Band (The Dubliners)

The North Strand (Instrumental, Once)

Gold (Steve Kazee, Once)

Abandoned In Bandon (Andy Taylor, Once)

Falling Slowly (Steve Kazee, Cristin Milioti, Ensemble, Once)

Daarlin' Man (Melvyn Douglas, Jack MacGowran, Juno) 

The Fields Of Athenry (Paddy Reilly and The Dubliners) 

The Auld Triangle (The Punch Brothers)

Seven Drunken Nights (The Dubliners)

Hello! (Ensemble, The Book Of Mormon)

You And Me (But Mostly Me)(Andrew Rannells, Josh Gad, The Book Of Mormon)

Baptize Me (Josh Gad, Nikki L. James, The Book Of Mormon)

The Column (John Lithgow, Sweet Smell Of Success)

One Track Mind (Jack Noseworthy, Sweet Smell Of Success)

Rita's Tune (Stacey Logan, Sweet Smell Of Success)

Welcome To The Night (Ensemble, Sweet Smell Of Success)

Wouldn't It Be Lovely (Lauren Ambrose, My Fair Lady)

The Rain In Spain (Harry Hadden-Paton, Lauren Ambrose, Allan Corduner, My Fair Lady)

Ascot Gavotte (Ensemble, My Fair Lady)

Get Me To The Church On Time (Norbert Leo Butz, My Fair Lady) 

Raglan Road (The Dubliners)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment