Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Playlist for Sunday, July 8, 2018: Whelmed!

Okay, this is going to be the shortest Broadway at it's Best blog on record!
Cuz:
a.) holiday
b.) parade
c.) party...times 2
d.) HOT
e.) biking in the HOT
f.)  More Broadway.  Always.

So what's an overwhelmed (or just whelmed!!) on-air host to do? Choose those favorites, in this case the NEW, soon to be CLASSIC, composer/lyricists creating right now.Yazbek. Brown. Flaherty and Ahrens. (Okay so I left out Miranda...sue me! And Pasek. And Paul! Hey, I only have 2 hours here, bub!) PLUS 2 revivals to play: My Fair Lady and Once On This Island.

Voila, une show! C'est done! C'est nouveau! Now off to that barbeque...don't light the sparklers without me!


I Love Betsy (Rob McClure, Honeymoon In Vegas)
Wouldn't It Be Loverly? (Lauren Ambrose, "The Loverly Quartet," My Fair
      Lady)
The Rain In Spain (Lauren Ambrose, Harry Hadden-Patton, Allan Corduner,
      My Fair Lady)
A Hymn To Him (Harry Hadden-Patton, Allan Corduner, My Fair Lady)
Life With Harold (Emily Skinner, The Full Monty)
Giving Them What They Want (John Lithgow, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels)
Lovesick (Sherie Rene Scott, Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown)
Lie To Me (Sherie Rene Scott, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Women On The Verge
      Of A Nervous Breakdown)
Haled's Song About Love (Ari'el Stachel, The Band's Visit)
Waiting (Ensemble, The Band's Visit)
Itzik's Lullaby (John Cariani, George Abud, The Band's Visit)
Omar Sharif (Katrina Lenk, The Band's Visit)
I Could Be In Love With Someone Like You (Jason Robert Brown,
      Wearing Someone Else's Clothes)
Wondering (Steven Pasquale, The Bridges Of Madison County)
Someone To Fall Back On (Jason Robert Brown, Someone Else's Clothes)
You Don't Know This Man (Carolee Carmello, Parade)
Do Something (David Josefsberg, Rob McClure, Honeymoon In Vegas)
Twenty Million People (Evan Pappas, Ensemble, My Favorite Year)
Sarah Brown Eyes (Brian Stokes Mitchell, Audra McDonald, Ragtime)
I Was Here (Marc Kudisch, The Glorious Ones)
Nice (Evan Pappas, Judy Blazer, Lucky Stiff)
My Own Morning (Leslie Uggams, Hallelujah, Baby!)
Is It A Crime? (Judy Holliday, Bells Are Ringing)
Waiting, Waiting (Nancy Walker, Do Re Mi)
Never Never Land (Mary Martin, Peter Pan)
You Gotta Get A Gimmick (Lenora Nemetz, Marilyn Caskey, Allison
      Fraser, Gypsy)
We Dance (Company, Once On This Island)
Waiting For Life (Hailey Kilgore, Storytellers, Once On This Island)
Mama Will Provide (Alex Newell, Storytellers, Once On This Island)

No comments:

Post a Comment