Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Playlist For Sunday, July 29th, 2018: That Terrific Rainbow

I don't know about you, but I can't handle one more thing. Everyday lately it seems like one more straw added to the bonfire pile and any moment now, Kerflume! (I don't think that's a real word.)...I tend:
a.) to take on too much
b.) to do that "much" with too much
c.) to screw up everything else, because I'm doing too much. Of the other things.

Ever have that happen? In the past month, I lost my insurance (don't ask), my cell phone went extinct, I backed my car into a rose bush, I got carpenter ants (!!!), and I ran outta coffee!!!! How does anyone run out of coffee? My mind is gone.

Hence Colors. And Rainbows. No unicorns tho...I won't go that far. Lucky for us, there are a lot of lovely colors in Broadway song-dom, and Hollywood, as well. So we can let all these mundane, worldly problems fall away, and just float amongst the ether and relax. Right. Like I'm gonna do that.

Send coffee. Send Xanax. Send a tall Tom Collins...while I paint a rainbow.


That Terrific Rainbow (June Havoc, Pal Joey)
Color And Light (Mandy Patinkin, Bernadette Peters, Sunday In The Park
      With George)
Mama, A Rainbow (David Fortas, Shelley Winters, Minnie's Boys)
Over The Rainbow (Audra McDonald, Songs From My Living Room,
      Carnegie Hall))
The Red Blues (Leon Belasco, David Opatoshu, Henry Lascoe, Silk
      Stockings)
Buddy's Blues (Mandy Patinkin, Follies)
Ain't Where I Wanna Be Blues ( Robert Lonsdale, Darius Campbell,
       From Here To Eternity
You've Got Possibilities (Linda Lavin, It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman)
Nightlife (Anita Gillette, All-American)
I've Got A Penny (Faith Prince, Breakfast At Tiffany's)
Steady, Steady (Michele Lee, Bravo Giovanni)
Little Green Snake (Jackie Gleason, Take Me Along)
Green Finch And Linnet Bird (Harolyn Blackwell, Sweeney Todd)
Somewhere That's Green (Faith Prince, Little Shop Of Horrors)
Entering Grey Gardens (Christine Ebersole, Mary Louise Wilson, Ensemble,
     Grey Gardens)
The Five Fifteen (Ensemble, Grey Gardens)
Will You? (Christine Ebersole, Grey Gardens)
Top Hat, White Tie, And Tails (Fred Astaire, Top Hat)
The Pink Panther Theme (Instrumental, The Pink Panther)
Gold Finger (Shirley Bassey, Gold Finger)
Fire And Ice (Eric Lieberman, Steffanie Leigh, War Paint)
If I'd Been A Man (Patti LuPone, Christine Ebersole, War Paint)
Pink (Christine Ebersole, War Paint)
I Used To Be Color Blind (Fred Astaire, Carefree)
Colorful (Sammy Davis, Jr., Golden Boy)
Colored Lights (Karen Mason, And The World Goes 'Round/The Rink)
I'm Always Chasing Rainbows (Debbie Reynolds, Irene)
A Ride On A Rainbow (Judy Holliday, Trouble Is A Man)
Over The Rainbow (Judy Garland, The Wizard Of Oz)

No comments:

Post a Comment