Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Playlist for Sunday, June 30, 2013: Back and LIVE!

Jet lag is over, and I'm ready for another 2 ON THE AISLE! 

This week's show has its share of iconic and peculiar.  On the epic side, we have Too Darn Hot, which is how my heat-waved hair left me feeling in Italy last week, along with The Heather on the Hill from Brigadoon.  On the peculiar side, The Production Code, which is a tap-danced recitation of the Hollywood censorship code...hey, it works! You can actually dance to this stuff.

Along with all that are two selections from Me and My Girl, an English musical originally produced in 1937, about a cockney costermonger (wow...had to look that one up! A street-side fruit and veggie seller) who finds out he's the 14th Earl of something-shire and his galfriend, Sally...my new favorite musical.

Stay cool out there...and hope you can tune it!


The Best of Times (George Hearn and cast, La Cage Aux Folles)
Too Darn Hot (Harold Lang and cast, Kiss Me Kate)
Prisoners of Love (Nathan Lane and cast, The Producers)
Me and My Girl (Robert Lindsay, Maryann Plunkett, Me and My Girl)
Lucky to Be Me (John Battles, On the Town)
I Got Lost in His Arms (Ethel Merman, Annie Get Your Gun)
Once You Lose Your Heart (Maryann Plunkett, Me and My Girl)
Two by Two (Andrew Rannells, Josh Gad and cast, The Book of Mormon)
I Don't Know Where She Got It (Lillian Hayman, Hallelujah, Baby!)
If I Were a Bell (Isabel Bigley, Guys and Dolls)
The Heather on the Hill (David Brooks, Marion Bell, Brigadoon)
Waiting, Waiting (Nancy Walker, Do Re Mi)
The Production Code (Ensemble, A Day in Hollywood, A Night in the Ukraine)



No comments:

Post a Comment