Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Playlist: Sunday, April 7, 2013

I've waited almost 6 months to play a couple of these songs...thinking that perhaps they're too eccentric or too long or too SOMETHING for people other than me to love.  Well, the waiting is over, and you all get to hear a few of my obsessions.  From Working, that musical that just reeks of the 70s, the opening number, "All the Live Long Day," with wah-wah pedal, and Shaft-y moments...and from Pacific Overtures, a 7 minute "Someone in a Tree." There's also "Opening Doors," from that doomed Sondheim musical Merrily We Roll Along...and from the 1890s, "After the Ball."  So I get to play a lot of ME music this Sunday.  But remember, you can request YOU music, and I will put that on the air, too!

All the Live Long Day (Ensemble, Working)
I'll Go Home with Bonnie Jean (Van Johnson, Gene Kelly, Brigadoon)
The Rain in Spain (Julie Andrews, Rex Harrison, My Fair Lady)
There's a Small Hotel (Kay Coulter, Bobby Van, On Your Toes)
After the Ball (Barbara Cook, Showboat)
Anything Goes (Eileen Rodgers, Anything Goes)
The Hostess with the Mostes' on the Ball (Ethel Merman, Call Me Madam)
Opening Doors (Cast, Merrily We Roll Along)
Someone in a Tree (Ensemble, Pacific Overtures)
Happily Ever After (Carol Burnett, Once Upon a Mattress)
Simple Little System (Eddie Lawrence and Cast, Bells are Ringing)
...AND if we have time, I Love You (Sid Caesar, Virginia Martin, Little Me)

No comments:

Post a Comment