Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Playlist for Sunday, April 24, 2013: From Epic to Adenoidal

This week's show starts on the iconic side...with Barbra's Funny Girl, and moments from Girl Crazy, Camelot, even My Fair Lady.  Huge musicals, which ya gotta love, but forgive me...I'm a fan of the Quirky.  Gotta add a few weird selections in there, right?  So we'll sample Ethel Merman's Panama Hattie (an Irish Hattie Maloney, owner of a nightclub...in Panama!), an Elaine Stritch/Don Ameche duet from Goldilocks, and something called Marriage Tango, from I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change.

Oh, and re the adenoids:  Magic Foot, sung by Daniel Fogel, as the contestant William Barfee (accent "aigu" on that last E) from "Spelling Bee" fame.  Not really adenoids, but he has only one working nostril, so you get that nice STUFFED timbre. Love it. 


Slap That Bass (Harry Groener and Cast, Crazy for You)
I Got Rhythm (Mary Martin, Girl Crazy)
Don't Rain on My Parade (Barbra Streisand, Funny Girl)
Lost and Found (Rachel York, City of Angels)
Don't Look Now (John Lithgow, Sweet Smell of Success)
Camelot (Richard Burton, Camelot)
On the Street Where You Live (John Michael King, My Fair Lady)
My Ship (Maria Friedman, Lady in the Dark)
Make It Another Old Fashioned Please (Ethel Merman, Panama Hattie)
No One'll Ever Love You (Elaine Stritch, Don Ameche, Goldilocks)
You Could Drive a Person Crazy (Ensemble, Company)
The Lees of Old Virginia (Robert Holgate, Ensemble, 1776)
Next to Lovin' I Like Fightin' (Ensemble, Shenandoah)
Magic Foot (Dan Fogel, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee)
Marriage Tango (Robert Roznowski, Melissa Weil, I Love You, You're Perfect,
                             Now Change)

No comments:

Post a Comment