Thursday, March 23, 2017

Sunday Blockbusters!

 Only blockbusters for a Pledge Drive, right?
Marissa Jaret Winokur says 
"Good Morning Baltimore"...

 Gotta do Fosse's Rich Man's Frug
from Sweet Charity.
It's a pledge drive perennial. 
I only wish this was "enhanced" radio,
so I could show you the fantastic Fosse choreography.

 I don't always play Wicked,
but when I do...it's Popular.
Kristin Chenowith and Idina Menzel (in green).
 
 Nathan Lane and Burke Moses
in The Frogs,
the musical adaptation of Aristophanes' knee slapper of 404BC.
We'll hear "Dress Big".
Whatever Burke wants, I'm in.
 
 Frank Loesser's How To Succeed...
"The Brotherhood of Man"
with the effervescent Robert Morse, 
bubbling over with more Bob Fosse choreography,
and on the right...Sammy Smith, who played Wally Womper.
 
The original (if fuzzy) production of Dolly...
the set (and ensemble) for
"Put On Your Sunday Clothes".

No comments:

Post a Comment