Monday, November 20, 2023

Playlist for Sun., November 26, 2023: I'll Wash, You Dry

Recent insights:

1.) Vegan Eggnog ain't bad. Half the calories of the real kind. There's no eggs, and (at least this early in the season) no "nog". Then what am I actually drinking, you ask? No clue. But it's warm and cuddly and good to carve playlists with.


The lah di dah instagram version.
I don't drink this kind.

 

2.) Naps ain't bad either. Today I took 2. :)

5.) I have squirrels. Between my roof and my...well, maybe my ceilings? They seem to be staging bowling tournaments up there, with all of the black (tho green to me) walnuts I neglected to "harvest" from my backyard. I must have a "Vacancy" sign (in neon) flashing up there somewhere.

17.) I definitely need hardier party-er muscles. This season of Mirth, Merriment, and Merlot is just getting started and I need to rev up (see Insight #2). It seems entirely possible for me to bike 4,000 miles in a season (and I did), and yet need naps to get thru a tri-plex of social dos in the course of a weekend. Flex those felicitous muscles!


Because it's this kind of week!


And likewise, after a plethora of 2 on the Aisle themed editions (from Body Parts to Home Sweet Home, and back again, the long way), my brain hurts. I am momentarily "out" of themes. Not to say inspiration won't spark again, BUT this will be a simple Mish Mash edition. Mini themes, only! Like Sailing. And Girling. But other wise, it's the Kitchen Sink. Everything from Guys and their Dolls to some Girl from the North Country. From Once to Roz. From Lonesome Polecats to Mimi Paragon. From Salome to Pass That Football. 

Musical whiplash may ensue.

 

These two...
 
and these two...

and these 7...wait, we're missing a polecat.

 

Oh, and I should mention that The Christmas Edition of 2 On The Aisle will be on Christmas EVE! Yes, the EVE is on a Sunday this year. Hot damn. I'll bring vegan (spiked by then) eggnog and wear a Santa Hat while broadcasting, of course. You bring the fruitcake. PLEASE bring the fruitcake! I love fruitcake.

 


 

Meanwhile, enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend, a relaxing holiday with family and/or friends, and we can rendezvous, post-feast, at the Kitchen Sink. I'll wash, you dry. :)

 

The North Strand (Instrumental, Once)

Abandoned In Bandon (Andy Taylor, Once)

Gold (Steve Kazee, Once)

Pass The Football (Jordan Bentley, Wonderful Town)

Wrong Note Rag (Rosalind Russell, Edie Adams, Wonderful Town)

Some Other Time (Betty Comden, Adolph Green, Nancy Walker, On The Town)

You Got Me (Nancy Walker, Betty Comden, Ensemble, On The Town)

Havana (Peter Gallagher, Josie de Guzman, Guys And Dolls)

If I Were A Bell (Josie de Guzman, Guys And Dolls)

Sue Me (Nathan Lane, Faith Prince, Guys And Dolls)

Has Anybody Seen Our Ship? (Julie Andrews, Daniel Massey, Star!)

When Our Ship Comes Sailing In (Ensemble, Oh, Kay!)

The Sailor Of My Dreams (Bernadette Peters, Dames At Sea)

We Sail The Seas (Ensemble, Ben Franklin In Paris)

Come To Me (Elaine Stritch, Company, Sail Away)

Beatnik Love Affair (Grover Dale, Sail Away)

Why Do The Wrong People Travel? (Elaine Stritch, Sail Away) 

Sail Away (James Hurst, Sail Away)

Bless Your Beautiful Hide (Howard Keel, Seven Brides From Seven Brothers)

Goin' Co'tin' (Jane Powell, Ensemble, Seven Brides From Seven Brothers)

Lament (Lonesome Polecat)(Russ Tamblyn, Ensemble, Seven Brides From Seven Brothers)

Barn Dance (Instrumental, Seven Brides From Seven Brothers)

Books (Faith Prince, Charles Keating, A Man Of No Importance)

Love Who You Love (Roger Rees, A Man Of No Importance)

Art (Roger Rees, Ensemble, A Man Of No Importance)

How D'Ya Talk To A Girl (Gordon Dilworth, Norman Wisdom, Walking Happy)

Real Live Girl (Sid Caesar, Little Me)

A Certain Girl (Robert Goulet, David Wayne, Michael Rupert, The Happy Time)

Slow Train (Sheila Atim, Ensemble, Girl From The North Country)

Hurricane/All Along The Watchtower/Idiot Wind (Sheila Atim, Ensemble, Girl From The North Country)

Falling Slowly (Steve Kazee, Cristin Milioti, Once)

No comments:

Post a Comment