Monday, April 10, 2023

Playlist For April 16, 2023: A Mark, A Yen, A Buck, Or A Pound!

Has Spring actually Sprung here in the upstate gulag? Not to even mention, Summer??? Sssshhhh...I don't want to jinx it.

Sure looks like it.

This week looks warm-ish, dry-ish, and full of outside possibilities. Kevin Williams said it would be nice enough weather to go out and do yard work. WHAT? If it's that nice, I'm biking far away from my yard, pretending it's not my yard, and avoiding the heck out of anything to do with my yard. Let the flamingos stand askew. Let the sticks collect themselves. Let my old mulch get older. I care not. 

I just want to feel the breeze in my (gray-ish, frizzy)(Remember Miss Frizzle?) hair and, like Beatrice Lilllie in High Spirits, speed away "on my bike". 

 

 

Meanwhile, back to Broadway (and Beyond, as Buzz would say, because don't I always fall off that "wagon"?). Last Sunday was MUCH FUN, with Joe Stockslader chatting and money raising and Easter parading! This Sunday I have yet another co-host, Tom Pethic, host of Artistry In Jazz (on Saturday afternoons from 4-6pm on Jazz90.1), and for that I'm planing Blockbuster Broadway: Tunes from the new revival of The Music Man, more of The Producers, a Lenny Bernstein sampler (including West Side, which was almost East Side BTW), money songs...yup, classics old and classics new. Because we need the dough to rise, here at Jazz90.1...You know I'll be kneeling on rice for the entire 2 hours, hoping such self-applied torture will twist your metaphorical arm to give, give, give! That Spring Pledge Drive won't drive itself, you know.

 

"A mark, a yen, a buck, or a pound!"

(It makes the world go round. And keeps Jazz 90.1 around, as well.)

 

So go out and do that yard work, and if you have any energy left over after YOUR yard is done, come on a my house, my house a come on. Plenty of flamingos to straighten, plenty of sticks. I won't be around, but help yourself to my rake. 

Or if it's easier, just donate to Jazz90.1...I'd like that even better. :) And the flamingos don't have to know.


You Deserve It (Corey Cott, Laura Osnes, Bandstand)

Iowa Stubborn (Ensemble, The Music Man)

Pick-A-Little/Goodnight Ladies (Ensemble, The Music Man)

The Wells Fargo Wagon (Ensemble, The Music Man)

Money, Money (Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey, Cabaret)

The Best Things In Life Are Free (Robert Morse, Mad Men)

Pennies From Heaven (Bing Crosby)

We're In The Money (Wanda Richert, Karen Prunczik, Ginny King, 42nd Street)

Conga! (Rosalind Russell, Ensemble, Wonderful Town)

Come Up To My Place (Nancy Walker, Cris Alexander, On The Town)

Dance At The Gym (Instrumental, West Side Story)

Civilization (Danny Kaye, The Andrews Sisters)

I Said My Pajamas (And Put On My Prayers)(Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

Me And Lenny (Jay Leonhart)

The Jet Song (Michael Callan, Ensemble, West Side Story)

Nobody (Corey Cott, Laura Osnes, Bandstand)

The Schuyler Sisters (Renee Elise Goldsberry, Philippa Soo, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Leslie Odom, Jr., Hamilton)

Wait For It (Leslie Odom, Jr., Hamilton)

If I Were A Rich Man (Zero Mostel, Fiddler On The Roof)

Sue Me (Nathan Lane, Faith Prince, Guys And Dolls)

Heart (Russ Brown, Ensemble, Damn Yankees)

Hello! (Andrew Rannells, Josh Gad, The Book Of Mormon)

Everything Changes (Jessie Mueller, Waitress)

Waving Through A Window (Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen)

Brotherhood Of Man (Robert Morse, Sammy Smith, Claudette Sutherland, Company, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying)

Prisoners Of Love (Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, The Producers) 

Give My Regards To Broadway (Joel Grey, George M!)


No comments:

Post a Comment