Monday, November 14, 2022

Playlist For November 20, 2022: Novembrrrrr/Remembrrrrr

So the dial turns and suddenly it's Dark and Dank: An Edgar Allan weather forecast. Did summer actually happen? I remember slightly sweating around July 18th (Philly, 110 degrees in the shade) and broiling on a beach somewhere in Jersey...but then POOF. I drove home from the radio station last night IN HAIL. What the...@#&*()&$)@

 

Like this, but darker and danker.

This guy creates the November weather reports around here.

Kudos to Andre Carrilho (and The New Yorker) for this fantastic caricature.

 

Now I have to search for my ear muffs and that boot tray. Every spring I put all these cold weather accessories away, like REALLY away, thinking winter will never show up again? Nah, it's never gonna snow again! And every November, it's a treasure hunt.

But if we look at this with that Pollyanna, "glass half full" positivity, that just prompts a Novembrrrrr edition, with Autumn Leaves and Raining In My Heart (and on my patio furniture)(yes, it's still out there shivering) kind of songs. It's also good for Remembrrrring and Nostalgia and Melancholia (which used to be a thing, I think, that you could expire from? Why am I picturing a chaise lounge/fainting couch to have Melancholia on?). I mean, I just picked up my first 3 gallons of eggnog (dairy-free, lite, filled with delicious if not at all healthy ingredients), and plan to warm it/sip it/think on it, about holidays with large price tags in exotic places (Philly? Jersey? Are those exotic NOW?).

 


So put on those fleecy Walmart duds (or smoking jacket, my personal choice), ready the tissue box (some of these songs have that kind of power!), and enjoy...my new favorite: Too Many Memories, a Betty Buckley gem. That's on the playlist, along with Yves and Lotte and Michael and Charmian. Tune in and we can have Melancholia together. (No vax for that. Yet.) :)



I Remember (Charmian Carr, Evening Primrose)

I Remember It Well (Alfred Drake, Maria Karnilova, Gigi)

I Remember That (Clark Thorell, Andrea Burns, Saturday Night)

Moments To Remember (Guy Stroman, Stan Chandler, Jason Graae, David Engel, Forever Plaid)

Les Feuilles Mortes (Yves Montand, Les Portes De La Nuit)

Autumn Leaves (Leslie Odom, Jr.)

Another Autumn (Tony Bavaar, Paint Your Wagon)

Let It Snow! (Plaid Tidings, Holiday In Plaid)

Raining In My Heart (Bernadette Peters, Dames At Sea)

Raining (Margo Seibert, Rocky The Musical)

Snow (Jeffry Denman, Stephen Bogardus, White Christmas)

Look To The Rainbow (Ella Logan, Finian's Rainbow)

Mama, A Rainbow (Daniel Fortus, Minnie's Boys)

Sing A Rainbow (Peggy Lee, Pete Kelly's Blues)

Feeling I'm Falling (Bobby Short, Bobby Short Is K-RA-ZY For Gershwin)

Falling In Love With Love (Portia Nelson, The Boys From Syracuse)

September Song (Lotte Lenya, Knickerbocker Holiday)

Falling Out Of Love Can Be Fun (Mary McCarty, Miss Liberty)

I've Got A Feeling I'm Falling (Nell Carter, Ain't Misbehavin')

When I Fall In Love/My Foolish Heart (Michael Feinstein, Romance On Film, Romance On Broadway)

Remember? (Beth Fowler, Barbara Lang, Benjamin Rayson, Ensemble, A Little Night Music)

Thanks For The Memory (Bob Hope, Shirley Ross, The Big Broadcast Of 1938)

Too Many Memories (Betty Buckley, Story Songs)

Fallin' (Robert Klein, They're Playing Our Song)

Fallen Angel (John Lloyd Young, Jersey Boys)

I'll Never Fall In Love Again (Jill O'Hara, Jerry Orbach, Promises, Promises)

Falling Into You (Stephen Pasquale, Kelli O'Hara, The Bridges Of Madison County)

Falling Slowly (Steve Kazee, Once)

Try To Remember (Jerry Orbach, The Fantasticks)

I Don't Remember You (Robert Goulet, The Happy Time)

Memory (Betty Buckley, Cats)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment