Monday, October 24, 2022

Playlist For October 30, 2022: Broadway Treats (no tricks!)...The Halloween Edition!

 So...over the weekend I went to 2 Halloween parties. And my costume for both was Zombie Old Lady Robot from the Future. I think that's what I called it, because it seems you have to label the costume for it to be something other than just "dressing up". Goodwill came in very handy for the silver-sequined, mini jump suit base. The rest (circular saw earrings, drippy necklace, fake blood) is of course always "on hand", as is the jacket I bought for $15.00 from Urban Outfitters about 20 years ago, marked down from $45.00 when no one bought it (Whatta THEY know!?). The last few years I've either been Norma Desmond (Sunset Boulevard, avec turban, negligee, and cigarette holder) or just a plain Zombie. So this was sort of like combining the 2. It went over quite well at both events, though I must admit that my audiences were imbibing briskly, or maybe I just put a spell on 'em. 

I think I ate off my black lipstick.
And what the hell is that thing looming behind me?

And it's not even Halloween yet. I have a chance to make more Zombie Robot appearances, but perhaps I should just leave 'em wanting more. :) 

Oh, and not to forget LAST WEEK, when I traveled to NYC for my 39th birthday: It was swell, it was great...had the whole world on a plate, tho I realize (in my dotage) that the pace...man! I think I walked 5 miles my first day (Delta's JFK terminal is 4 miles long by itself). And you have to stay awake. It's not like sleep walking to Wegmans. You gotta bump through crowds, choose the right subway platform, leave an hour early, good luck finding a seat, and read the damn reviews. Be woke (both ways)! The food was superb, the cocktails sublime, the shows super, the hotel expensive, and rendezvousing with Child #2 heart-warming.

Polish breakfast

Tequila cocktail!

Chocolate cheesecake (that's raspberry drips, not fake blood)

Drunk Shakespeare (they skewered Macbeth)

and A Strange Loop (from the nose-bleeds).


But I digress: It's the Halloween Edition this Sunday and I have never done a Halloween Edition before. Does Broadway have enough "Halloween" songs? Like actually scary or just tacky? Maybe Tacky/Scary should be our subtitle. Case in point: Zombie Prom. Old Black Magic. Witches (both Wicked, East AND West). A Phantom or 2. A Hyde. And a large man-eating plant. 

 

 One from Column A (Beetlejuice)

and Two from Column B (Zombie Prom)


Broadway shivers. Bumps in the night. Candy corn (definitely CORN). Boo. Etc. Slay you Sunday!

 

I Put A Spell On You (Bette Midler, Hocus Pocus)

Skid Row (Downtown) (Hunter Foster, Kerry Butler, Ensemble, Little Shop Of Horrors)

Dentist! (Orin Scrivello, Little Shop Of Horrors)

Feed Me (Hunter Foster, Michael Leon Wooley, Little Shop Of Horrors)

Bewitched, Bothered, And Bewildered (JoAnn Greer, Pal Joey)

Witches' Brew (Leslie Uggams, Marilyn Cooper, Barbara Sharma, Hallelujah, Baby!)

Those Were The Good Old Days (Ray Walston, Damn Yankees)

I Want To Be Evil (Eartha Kitt, That Bad Eartha)

Popular (Kristin Chenowith, Wicked)

I'm Not That Girl (Idina Menzel, Wicked) 

Wonderful (Joel Grey, Idina Menzel, Wicked)

That Old Black Magic (Jerry Lewis, The Nutty Professor)

That Old Black Magic (Louis Prima, Keely Smith)

That Old Black Magic (Spike Jones And His City Slickers)

Morticia (Nathan Lane, The Addams Family)

The Moon And Me (Kevin Chamberlain, The Addams Family)

When You're An Addams (Nathan Lane, Ensemble, The Addams Family)

The Woman's Dead (Debra Monk, Edward Hibbert, Ensemble, Curtains)

Why Are All The D'ysquiths Dying? (Jefferson Mays, A Gentleman's Guide To Love And Murder)

The Man Is Dead (Sasha (played by the orchestra conductor of the moment!, Curtains)

Not While I'm Around (Ken Jennings, Angela Lansbury, Sweeney Town)

Jonny Don't Go (Jessica Snow-Wilson, Zombie Prom)

Zombie Prom (Karen Murphy, Richard Muenz, Zombie Prom)

What I Know Now (Leslie Kritzer, Beetlejuice)

Facade (Ensemble, Jekyll & Hyde)

The Music Of The Night (Michael Crawford, Phantom Of The Opera)

Masquerade (Ensemble, Phantom Of The Opera)

Welcome To Transylvania (Villager Ensemble, Young Frankenstein)

Roll In The Hay (Sutton Foster, Roger Bart, Young Frankenstein)

Transylvania Mania (Roger Bart, Christopher Fitzgerald, Sutton Foster, Young Frankenstein)

Puttin' On The Ritz (Roger Bart, Shuler Hensley, Young Frankenstein)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment