Sunday, June 20, 2021

Playlist For Sunday, June 27, 2021: Tick Tock!

So this week's blog is early and FAST! Going on a mini vaca, a college galfriend reunion for a few days. We missed it last year, so times this one by 10! Soooo I'm posting early. Then I don't have to think about it mid-Margarita, or feel bad mid-guac-dip that I've left all 3 of you readers bereft. (Okay, 2 readers. Don't mean to inflate the numbers.)

I fear I treaded a little too far from the Broadway LINE, this past Sunday (well, that would be this afternoon). No big classic hummmmmable tunes or kick-lines or divas who want hemp seed smoothies or chia puddings pre-performance. So I'll make it up to you THIS coming Sunday, with some old, if hackneyed, know-every-word sort of Big Musical Selections. Not much on the eccentric side, nor will I lose it entirely (rabbiting down a non-Broadway abyss). I'll try, anyway...no promises, tho! 


One example of a non-Broadway Abyss.

I counted at least a dozen such abyssi when I googled, 

so they are OUT THERE. Use care.


So this Sunday in a nutshell:  I'm calling it The Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is Edition...a gaggle of time songs, hurry up songs, take your time songs, minutes, seconds, hours...all that. Plus some classics like South Pacific, Something Rotten! (not a classic, Kim...just watch it!), Guys And Dolls (now you got it!), plus an oldie goldie section, and mini themes. No drop your teeth in your tea cup moments. Just good old fashioned show stoppers. :)

Meanwhile, Summer is upon us, and that will definitely mean shorter blogs in the near future, as I try to bike/sun/mow/socialize AMAP (as much as poss). Therefore, fill in the blanks when they occur, and know that (despite pithy posts) I've still got Broadway On Shuffle in my brain, whether it's while cycling on a shoulder, doggy-paddling in a pool, or sipping that Long Island Ice Tea...on Long Island!

Starting...NOW! :)

As you can see, I sport my own FOLLOW SPOT! :)

 

Something Rotten/Make An Omelette (Brian d'Arcy James, Company, Something Rotten!)

Guys And Dolls (Stubby Kaye, Johnny Silver, Guys And Dolls)

Take Back Your Mink (Vivian Blaine, Guys And Dolls)

Havana (Peter Gallagher, Josie de Guzman, Guys And Dolls)

Sue Me (Nathan Lane, Faith Prince, Guys And Dolls)

Maybe This Time (Liza Minnelli, Cabaret)

I Didn't Know What Time It Was (Doris Day)

It's High Time (Ensemble, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes)

Bloody Mary (Ensemble, South Pacific)

Bali Ha'i (Juanita Hall, South Pacific)

Honey Bun (Mary Martin, South Pacific)

Some Enchanted Evening (Ezio Pinza, South Pacific)

Our Time (Jim Walton, Ann Morrison, Lonny Price, Merrily We Roll Along)

Once Upon A Time (Maureen McGovern, Pleasure Of His Company)

Some Other Time (Barbra Streisand, Love Is The Answer)

Positively, Absolutely (The Six Jumping Jacks) 

Livin' In The Sunlight (Maurice Chevalier, The Big Pond) 

(You Were Only) Passing Time With Me (King Oliver & His Orchestra, George Bias On Vocals)

It's An Art (Lenora Nemetz, Working)

Opening Up (Jessie Mueller, Keala Settle, Kimiko Glenn, Waitress)

Vacation (Cass Morgan, Debra Monk, Pump Boys And Dinettes)

Seasons Of Love (Company, Rent)

Racing With The Clock (Michael McKean, Ensemble, The Pajama Game)

Bidin' My Time (Tripp Hanson, Brian Nalepka, Ensemble, Crazy For You)

Just In Time (Judy Garland)

This Time Of Year (Ensemble, Finian's Rainbow)

Once In A Lifetime (Anthony Newley, Stop The World - I Want To Get Off)

Big Time (Lisa Kirk, Mack & Mabel)

Hard To Be The Bard (Christian Borle, Something Rotten!)

I Love The Way (John Cariani, Kate Reinders, Something Rotten!)

Bottom's Gonna Be On Top (Brian d'Arcy James, Christian Borle, Something Rotten!)

Springtime For Hitler (Ensemble, The Producers)

No comments:

Post a Comment