Sunday, July 5, 2020

Playlist For Sunday, July 12, 2020: There's no busines like...well, YOU know!

Sooooo, I am presently recovering from a bacchanal of food and drink, thanks to the prodigal daughter's visit and a national(ized?) holiday. So let the health (and Broadway) regime begin anew, folks, starting this week! Can't say I don't like a bit of P.C. (Post-Covid) normalcy and routine upon occasion...like carving 2 On The Aisle playlists, biking to and fro (mostly fro), lawn mowing, and strong-coffee sipping. Such is the rest of my July, and proud we are of all the little Lebowskis that do that. I am one.


Because I am back to work! Yes, after mega months of stay-cationing under pandemic stress, I now have to tote that there barge. And what's really awful is that I definitely miss that part of quarantine, the "couldn't go to work if you tried", "get paid anyway" time. So now I am one bizzy bee (with a mask!). Or gypsy moth (yes, they're back and I've actually seen them in caterpillar form, crossing country roads, and YES I'm aiming at them with my ROAD TIRES!!! You chose the wrong road, buddies!).

 Yup, I'm mowing these suckers DOWN on Center Rd.!


So the theme of this Sunday's 2 On The Aisle will be Taking Care Of Business, or She Works Hard For The Money, or stuff to do with JOBS. I guess I should save this for my Labor Day edition, but being an overly impatient kind of person, SOONER is better than LATER. How to Succeed, It's A Business, Workin' It Out, All The Live Long Day...it's all here, along with minimum wage, ascetic health care benefits, and pretending to WHISTLE while we do all this. We also have a quick Gershwin corner and a LAZY lemonade/Long Island Ice Tea break for those with less aerobic capacity and a sexier style....so, as usual, we cover all bases.



So please join me for WORK and LAZE and wonderful music on Jazz 90.1. I promise to cajole, comfort, and caress via Broadway, despite this and that and to and fro. Huzzah to FRO. By all means, FRO! :)


There's No Business Like Show Business (Ethel Merman, Annie Get Your
       Gun)
Opening Night (Usherettes, Company, The Producers)
I Wanna Be A Producer(Matthew Broderick, The Producers)
Where Did We Go Right?(Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, The Producers)
What Kind Of Man? (Company, Curtains)
Coffee Shop Nights (David Hyde Pierce, Curtains)
It's A Business (Debra Monk, Curtains)
Slap That Bass (Harry Groener, Crazy For You)
Naughty Baby (Jodie Benson, Crazy For You)
What Causes That (Harry Groener, Bruce Adler, Crazy For You)
How To (Robert Morse, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying)
Been A Long Day (Claudette Sutherland, Robert Morse, Bonnie Scott,
       How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying)
I Believe In You (Robert Morse, Ensemble, How To Succeed In
       Business Without Really Trying)
The Company Way (Reprise)(Charles Nelson Reilly, Company, How To
       Succeed In Business Without Really Trying)
Lazy Afternoon (Kaye Ballard, The Golden Apple)
Goona-Goona (Bibi Osterwald, The Golden Apple)
Up A Lazy River (Nick Cordero, Bullets Over Broadway)
Lazy Moon (Ensemble, Sail Away)
Lazy (Marilyn Monroe, Donald O'Connor, Mitzi Gaynor, There's No
       Business Like Show Business)
Sleepy Man (Ahna O'Reilly, Ensemble, The Robber Bridegroom)
Millworker (Patti LuPone, Don't Monkey With Broadway)
Workout (Instrumental, Golden Boy)
It Needs Work (Kay McClelland, City Of Angels)
Workin' It Out (Robert Klein, Lucy Arnaz, They're Playing Our Song)
Nice Work If You Can Get It (Matthew Broderick, Kelli O'Hara, Nice Work
       If You Can Get It)
All The Live Long Day (Company, Working)
Whistle While You Work (Adriana Caselotti, Snow White And The
       Seven Dwarfs)
Doing Good (Bob Holiday, It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman)
T'aint Nobody's Bizness If I Do (Nick Cordero, Bullets Over Broadway)
If I Could've Been (Company, Working)
Something To Point To (Company, Working)
There's No Business Like Show Business (Tom Wopat, Ron Holgate,
       Valerie Wright, Company, Annie Get Your Gun)

No comments:

Post a Comment