Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Playlist for Sunday, December 11, 2016: Nope, not playin' it!!

So I can't play Broadway Holiday yet. I'm not emotionally prepared. It arrived yesterday, but I couldn't deal. So it's out in the shed. Under a tarp, snuggled between my lonely lawn mower and my lonelier bike.  I promise to marshal the effort and unwrap it by next Sunday, that's the 18th, but for now...oh my god, the pressure!  Allow me to fortify myself with eggnog (sugar) and fruitcake (sugar) (oh, and fat), before facing the singing/strobing tree lights (all colors, not white...white is not for me), baking, buying, wrapping MONSTER that is The Holiday (insert holiday of choice here: _____________).

So for one more "moment", let us feast on all things bright and Broadway, like Bloomer Girl...Hey, there's one that doesn't get revived! Guess why? You put in a scandal about wearing bloomers and hoop skirts, you date yourself. Big time. Damn! Anyway, we'll hear good old Joan McCracken sing "T'morra, T'morra" from that show, way before Andrea McArdle thought to do it; Joan, who danced in Oklahoma, in movies (Good News), and even did straight plays, but who never became a super star. Then a Carol Channing corner, a Gwen Verdon niche, even an Eddie Foy, Jr. cubbie...because the holiday can damn well wait!

And seesawing back (and forth) from last week's Oldie (but) Goldies, we'll finish off with brand spanking New. Waitress, The Color Purple revival, and Miranda goodies from In The Heights and Hamilton. Not the mixed tape (ugh), the real thing.

And then come back on December 18th, when I will put on my light up sparkle earrings and spin the holiday discs. You won't be able to see them sparkle on radio, but you'll hear it in my voice. :)


Opening/Mysterious Ways (Company, The Color Purple)
The Pajama Game/Racing With The Clock (Eddie Foy, Jr., The Pajama Game)
I'll Never Be Jealous Again (Eddie Foy, Jr., Reta Shaw, The Pajama Game)
Hernando's Hideaway (Ensemble, The Pajama Game)
A Little Girl From Little Rock (Carol Channing, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes)
I Put My Hand In (Carol Channing, Hello Dolly!)
Jazz Baby (Carol Channing, Thoroughly Modern Millie)
Make 'Em Laugh (Donald O'Connor, Singin' In The Rain)
Crazy People (The Boswell Sisters)
Maladjusted Jester (Danny Kaye, The Court Jester)
Be A Clown (Judy Garland, Gene Kelly, The Pirate)
Funny/The Duck Joke (Andrea Martin, Lannyl Stephens, My Favorite Year)
The Hills Of Tomorrow (Company, Merrily We Roll Along)
Tomorrow Belongs To Me (Ensemble, Cabaret)
Each Tomorrow Morning (Angela Lansbury, Dear World)
Tomorrow (Andrea McArdle, Annie)
We'll Meet Tomorrow (Company, Titanic)
T'morra, T'morra (Joan McCracken, Bloomer Girl)
Yesterday, Tomorrow and Today (Brian Stokes-Mitchell, Women On The Verge
      Of A Nervous Breakdown)
A Little Brains, A Little Talent (Gwen Verdon, Damn Yankees)
Erbie Fitch's Twitch (Gwen Verdon, Redhead)
Charity's Soliloquy (Gwen Verdon, Sweet Charity)
If My Friends Could See Me Now (Gwen Verdon, Sweet Charity)
The Color Purple (Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo, The Color Purple)
What Baking Can Do (Jessie Mueller, Waitress)
What About Love? (Cynthia Erivo, Jennifer Hudson, The Color Purple)
Everything Changes (Jessie Mueller, Keala Settle, Kimiko Glenn, Waitress)
Alabanza (Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mandy Gonzalez, In The Heights)
Finale (Lin-Manuel, Company, In The Heights)
Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)(Lin Manuel Miranda,
       Daveed Diggs, Okieriete Onaodowan, Christoper Jackson, Hamilton)

No comments:

Post a Comment