Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Playlist for Sunday, October 19, 2014: Pretty Damn Classic!

It's blockbuster Sunday on 2 on the Aisle! Jazz 90.1's semi-annual fund drive is in full swing, so we'll be "playing favorites," and hopefully some of your's!  I have a soft spot for several of these selections, don't you?

We're busting out with The Music Man (one of my listeners is a Shipoopi Nut!), Camelot and South Pacific (for those Rodgers and Hammerstein fans), a couple of Sondheim goodies...an 18 year old Judy Garland hummer, even Shirley Temple is showing up! And hopefully we'll have time for Rich Man's Frug at the end, a great dance piece so wonderfully choreographed by Bob Fosse, from Sweet Charity.  So I'll try not to talk TOOOO much, so we can fit that in.

Anyway, it's good to be back LIVE, though my jaunt to Chicago this past weekend was marvelous.  Now it's back to the Broadway Grind, and I mean that in a good way! 


Seventy-Six Trombones (Robert Preston, The Music Man)
Iowa Stubborn (Ensemble, The Music Man)
Til There Was You (Barbara Cook, Robert Preston, The Music Man)
Shipoopi (Iggy Wolfington, Ensemble, The Music Man)
Camelot (Richard Burton, Camelot)
If Ever I Would Leave You (Robert Goulet, Camelot)
I'll Go Home with Bonnie Jean (Van Johnson, Gene Kelly, Brigadoon)
I'm Nobody's Baby (Judy Garland, Andy Hardy Meets Debutante)
When I'm with You (Shirley Temple, Poor Little Rich Girl)
Heart (Ensemble, Damn Yankees)
Two Lost Souls (Gwen Verdon, Stephen Douglass, Damn Yankees)
Johanna (Victor Garber, Sweeney Todd)
Send in the Clowns (Glynis Johns, A Little Night Music)
Honey Bun (Mary Martin, South Pacific)
There is Nothin' Like a Dame (Myron McCormick, Ensemble, South Pacific)
If My Friends Could See Me Now (Gwen Verdon, Sweet Charity)
Rich Man's Frug (Instrumental, Sweet Charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment