Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Playlist For Sunday, March 24, 2019: Sondheim Me A Little

Come March 22, that's Friday, Stephen Sondheim will be 89 years old. So any excuse to play Sondheim (and eat cake!), I will take. I played Sondheim a couple of weeks back, so sorry if you hear some repeats, but I did try to add in some less-played selections, so you won't get too bored with My Obsession. I'm also making use of the Sondheim On Sondheim revue they did back in 2011, with a few anecdotes by "Steve" himself. Kinda neat to have him narrating along with me. Right.


But they tell me it's Spring now, or will be (as I type this) in like 54.8 minutes. So Tra La and all that. Can't help but remember that exactly 1 year ago, I was in NYC, seeing Hamilton, and then getting stuck in a snowstorm down there, "forced" (quelle horror!) to spend an additional day in Manhattan. How rotten! Forced to see another show(s)!? Eat more bagels? Shop? So I ain't holdin' my breath on this spring thing. At any moment, the frost will be back on my lawn flamingos. BTW they look like they've been through hell after this winter. They need new jewelry.



 But back to Sondheim. And cake. On Sunday! :) 


The Ballad Of Sweeney Todd (Len Cariou, Angela Lansbury, Company, Sweeney
      Todd)
Invocation/Forget War (Ensemble, Sondheim On Sondheim)
Love Is In The Air (Barbara Cook, Vanessa Williams, Leslie Kritzer, Erin
      Mackey, Sondheim On Sondheim)
Comedy Tonight (Nathan Lane, Company, A Funny Thing Happened On The
      Way To The Forum)
I Remember (Bernadette Peters, The Essential Sondheim)
So Many People (Jessica Molaskey, Make Believe)
Anyone Can Whistle (Lee Remick, Anyone Can Whistle)
Getting Married Today (Beth Howland, Steve Elmore, Company)
Uptown, Downtown (Craig Lucas, Marry Me A Little)
Waiting For The Girls Upstairs (Gene Nelson, John McMartin, Dorothy
      Collins, Alexis Smith, Ensemble, Follies)
Pretty Women (Len Cariou, Edmund Lyndeck, Sweeney Todd)
Pretty Little Picture (Zero Mostel, Preshy Marker, Brian Davies, A Funny
      Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum)
I Feel Pretty (Carol Lawrence, West Side Story)
Pretty Lady (Mark Hsu Syers, Timm Fujii, Patrick Kinser-Lau, Pacific Overtures)
The Ladies Who Lunch (Elaine Stritch, Company)
Sooner Or Later (Bernadette Peters, Sondheim, Etc.)
Opening Doors (Jim Walton, Lonny Price, Ann Morrison, Merrily We Roll Along)
Happily Ever After (Craig Lucas, Marry Me A Little)
Being Alive (Dean Jones, Company, Company)
Finishing The Hat (Tom Wopat, Sondheim On Sondheim)
Send In The Clowns (Judy Collins, Judith)
Could I Leave You? (Lee Remick, Follies)
Marry Me A Little (John Barrowman, Marry Me A Little)
Not While I'm Around (Ken Jennings, Angela Lansbury, Sweeney Todd)
Johanna (Victor Garber, Sweeney Todd)
Side By Side By Side/What Would We Do Without You (Dean Jones, Company,
      Company)

No comments:

Post a Comment