Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Playlist for Sunday, October 14, 2018: It's ROC-tober!

October means 3 things to me:

1.) It's my birthday! Once again, I am older than dirt (and that dirt, like the dust of the Apian Way, like Pig Pen's cloud, is aging as we speak). I like to spend the entire month celebrating. So NYC. So Paris. So cake and croissant and creme brulee and gin and bordeaux. That's the menu, at least. In any order (I adhere to the commutative property with all my body and soul). Parties. Party dresses. More earrings. Happy 1,000th birthday to me!

2.) It's 2 on the Aisle's birthday, too. As of October 24th, it will be 6 years old. Hard to believe that Jazz 90.1 has put up with my wacky musical selections and flubbed talking breaks for that long, and allowed me (nay, encouraged me) to keep trying. Honestly, I was so petrified (and rotten) those first few weeks (back in 2012), that I figured I would be lucky to last 6 months! Thanks for putting up with my gaffes, mispronunciations, cheesy themes, and flubbed button pushing for so long, folks! 

3.) It's pledge drive time...Jazz 90.1 has been broadcasting for 45 years, as a listener-supported radio station. That's hard to believe, too...not one sugar daddy in sight. No grants, no corporate sponsors. Nada. And yet "it lives!", thanks to $10 and $20 and $90.10 contributions from YOU!

So all that means BLOCKBUSTER BROADWAY this Sunday! All the big shows, the big songwriters, the big Broadway names. If you like what you hear during this show, give me a call (and Carol Peterson will be guesting, and helping with the barrage of calls, as well!), or go online at Jazz901.org....without you, we sink! With you, we PARTY! Think of it as a happy birthday gift to me and that Aisle! :)


We Are What We Are (Gene Barry, Ensemble, La Cage Aux Folles)
The Schuyler Sisters (Renee Elise Goldsberry, Phillipa Soo, Jasmine Cephas
      Jones, Leslie Odom, Jr., Hamilton)
Omar Sharif (Katrina Lenk, The Band's Visit)
Waving Through A Window (Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen)
Big Spender (Ann Reinking, Ensemble, Fosse)
Bye Bye Blackbird (Liza Minnelli, Liza With A Z)
All That Jazz (Catherine Zeta-Jones, Chicago)
The Glamorous Life (Audra McDonald, Go Back Home)
Send In The Clowns (Glynis Johns, A Little Night Music)
The Ladies Who Lunch (Elaine Stritch, Company)
New York, New York (Adolph Green, John Battles, Cris Alexander, On The Town)
Come Up To My Place (Nancy Walker, Cris Alexander, On The Town)
Dance At the Gym (Instrumental, West Side Story)
Dear Officer Krupke (Michael Callan, Ensemble, West Side Story
Some Other Time (Betty Comden, Nancy Walker, On The Town)
It's De-Lovely (Laura Osnes, Colin Donnell, Anything Goes)
Anything Goes (Sutton Foster, Ensemble, Anything Goes)
Bianca (Michael Berresse, Kiss Me, Kate)
Brush Up Your Shakespeare (Lee Wilkof, Michael Mulheren, Kiss Me, Kate)
It's Today (Angela Lansbury, Mame)
Mame (Ensemble, Mame)
The Best Of Times (Gene Barry, Company, La Cage Aux Folles)

No comments:

Post a Comment