Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Playlist for Sunday, September 24, 2017: En Garde, I say!

I sit here with a fat lip. That is actually attached to me. No, I wasn't out late at the bars, trading fisticuffs with non-Broadway types, attempting to convert them the old fashioned way. ("What? You don't like Sondheim? Why, I'll teach you a thing or 7!!!") Nah, it was just a boring dental procedure (the only way a dame like me can end up with a battle scar. Well...other than bike blow-outs, curse the gods), which has left me looking a bit like a duck, bill and all, with an ice pack at the ready, ibu-something next to that, and a very large bill (of the financial kind) to pay off. Jazz 90.1 knows nothing of dental insurance.

But all swelling aside, I must concentrate on our playlist for Sunday. Gotta get the Broadway out! And man, 2 on the Aisle is very WITH IT this week, with THIS season's shows...well, okay...there is a Classic Corner and a Sondheim Corner and a couple of old revues...but MOSTLY we'll be hearing stuff that is on Broadway now (well, a couple of them have closed already), but still. In Transit (that a capella goodie), War Paint, Bandstand...see, I'm current, dammit! Plus some Sutton Foster gems, and for the folks who like those Broadway parodies, we'll Spamilton, we'll Upstairs At O'Neals, and we'll Scrambled Feet.

Something for everyone. See you at "the Broadway bar" and I'll prove it to you, bub!


Deep Beneath The City (Company, In Transit)
Nobody (Corey Cott, Laura Osnes, Company, Bandstand)
I Know A Guy (Corey Cott, Bandstand)
A Band In New York City (Corey Cott, Laura Osnes, Brandon J. Ellis,
      Alex Bender, Ensemble, Bandstand)
Back On Top (Patti Lupone, War Paint)
Dinosaurs (John Dossett, Douglas Sills, War Paint)
Beauty In The World (Patti Lupone, Christine Ebersole, War Paint)
Bidin' My Time (Mary Martin, Girl Crazy)
My Ship (Maria Friedman, Lady In The Dark)
This is All Very New To Me (Barbara Cook, Plain And Fancy)
Civilization (Danny Kaye, The Andrew Sisters, Angel In The Wings)
Nothing (Priscilla Lopez, A Chorus Line)
Something (Douglas Bernstein, Upstairs At O'Neals)
What'd I Miss? (Daveed Diggs, Ensemble, Hamilton)
What Did You Miss? (Nicholas Edwards, Chris Anthony Giles, Spamilton)
Not For The Life Of Me/NYC/Astonishing (Sutton Foster, Live At The Cafe      Carlyle)
Air Conditioner (Sutton Foster, Live At The Cafe Carlyle)
My Heart Was Set On You (Sutton Foster, Live At The Cafe Carlyle)
Finishing The Hat (Mandy Patinkin, Sunday In The Park With George)
Someone In A Tree (Alvin Ing, B.D. Wong, Telly Lung, Evan D'Angeles,
      Pacific Overtures)
Pretty Little Picture (Zero Mostel, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way
      To The Forum)
Ladies In Their Sensitivities (Edmund Lyndeck, Jake Eric Williams,
     Victor Garber, Sarah Rice, Sweeney Todd)
Have You Ever Been On Stage (Evalyn Baron, Hermoine, Scrambled Feet)
Funny/The Duck Joke (Andrea Martin, Lannyl Stephens, My Favorite Year)
Saturday Night Obsession (Erin Mackey, In Transit)
But, Ya Know (James Snyder, Margo Seibert, In Transit)
A Little Friendly Advice (Moya Angela, Company, In Transit)

No comments:

Post a Comment