Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Playlist for Sunday, September 10, 2017: She's Back!

Back from the bike ride of the year! 960 miles around a big blue wet thing called Huron. It really is a "great" lake...so great that it took 3 plus weeks to circumnavigate! My thighs will never be the same. To amuse myself during tedious terrain, wind, rain, and locust invasions, I attempted to sing Broadway ditties along the pedaling pathway, in withdrawal from 2 on the Aisle as I was, but my brain can hold only so many lyrics, so there were A LOT of repeated choruses (very few verses) and thank the bike gods that no one was listening, cuz my pitch was ALL over the place.

Nevertheless, I am BACK. I am HOME. And there, in big CAPITAL letters are 2 of our themes for this Sunday. Also a taste of Lucky Stiff, Stephen Flaherty's first collaboration with wordsmith Lynn Ahrens, back in 1988. I sampled this musical up close and personal in early August at Bristol Valley Theatre, and thought it was important enough (and good enough) to broadcast or' the airwaves. Also my penchant for eccentric Kander and Ebb flops (and flops in general, always) will hold sway...but best of the afternoon will be Barbara Cook, a (tardy) tribute to that Broadway (and caber-ay) titan who passed away before I could satisfactorily say goodbye. So that time is now.

I'll be munching on a protein bar, I'll still smell of Ben Gay, but I'll be LIVE and ALIVE this Sunday...stop by! :)

P.S. As Carol B. sings, "It's Good To Be Back Home."


Til There Was You (Barbara Cook, Robert Preston, The Music Man)
I'm Going Back (Judy Holliday, Bells Are Ringing)
Maybe I'll Come Back (Judy Garland, Judy)
It's Good To Be Back Home (Carol Burnett, Fade Out - Fade In)
Back On Base (Sally Mays, Close Than Ever)
He's Back (David Wayne, Ensemble, The Happy Time)
She Hadda Go Back (Craig Stevens, Ensemble, Here's Love)
Take Back Your Mink (Vivian Blaine, "The Hot Box Girls," Guys And Dolls)
Ice Cream (Barbara Cook, She Loves Me)
Goodnight My Someone (Barbara Cook, The Music Man)
Will He Like Me? (Barbara Cook, She Loves Me)
Something Funny's Going On (Company, Lucky Stiff)
Rita's Confession (Mary Testa, Jason Graae, Lucky Stiff)
Speaking French (Debbie Gravitte, Lucky Stiff)
Come Back To Me (John Cullum, On A Clear Dear You Can See Forever)
Be Back Soon (Clive Reville, Ensemble, Oliver!)
I've Been There And I'm Back (Edward Platt, Tony Randall, Oh Captain!)
You'll Be Back (Jonathan Groff, Hamilton)
The Happy Time (Robert Goulet, The Happy Time)
Not Every Day Of The Week (Bob Dishy, Liza Minelli, Flora The Red Menace)
A Quiet Thing (Liza Minelli, Flora Menace)
(Walking) Among My Yesterdays (Robert Goulet, The Happy Time)
I Want To Go Back To Michigan (Judy Garland, Easter Parade)
Homesick Blues (Carol Channing, Ensemble, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes)
Let's Go Home (Joanna Gleason, Nick & Nora)
My Home Town (Tom Lehrer, The Remains Of Tom Lehrer)
In Buddy's Eyes (Barbara Cook, Follies)
Long Before I Knew You (Barbara Cook)
My White Knight (Barbara Cook, The Music Man)
Losing My Mind (Barbara Cook, Follies)
Make Our Garden (Barbara Cook, Robert Rounseville, Company, Candide)

No comments:

Post a Comment