Monday, September 26, 2022

Playlist For October 2, 2022: Hold the sprinkles!

First of all, MixCloud is not my friend. I haven't been able to publish a recorded 2 On The Aisle since Labor Day. MixCloud is evidently not happy with me or Broadway or the "cut of my jib", so I am returning the favor. UGH-ish feelings abound. As well as apologies, if you tried valiantly to hear a replay and were disappointed.

Well, that's the boring stuff.

 


The exciting stuff? Well, here it is, another rainy Monday. Karen Carpenter was right. (Don't look at the forecast. I mean it, just DON'T.) So we must rally, despite UGH-ish weather and moods, and look FORWARD...to bright skies, brighter Broadway, and hot fudge sundaes (and Sundays) to come!

 

Hold the sprinkles.

With that in mind, we do have some Libra birthdays to celebrate, namely Dame(ly) Julie Andrews, who turns 87 on October 1. And Len Cariou on September 30. And Groucho, October 2! How's that for a triumvirate of entertaining titans? So that means everything from Spoonfuls of Sugar to Sweeney slicing to...Lydia. Quite a sundae (Sunday) it will be. We'll also salute the musical that brought Julie to our sometimes-sunny shores, The Boy Friend, and the anniversary of Noel Coward's Sail Away (because when in a bad mood, I eat hot fudge sundaes, drink gin, swear like a sailor away-ing, and pretend I AM Elaine).

 



 

Anyhoo, catch ya on Sunday. I'll try not to get tongue-tied like I did last Sunday, which was sort of appropriate with all those patter songs. I'll try to push the right buttons at the right time. (Yes, I do have nightmares, real ones, of totally flummoxing that "radio" stuff!) And meanwhile, I'm going to have a  little "chat" with that mixed-up CLOUD! :) 

 

 

Thoroughly Modern Millie (Julie Andrews, Thoroughly Modern Millie)

Wouldn't It Be Loverly? (Julie Andrews, My Fair Lady)

The Simple Joys Of Maidenhood (Julie Andrews, Camelot)

Spoonful of Sugar (Julie Andrews, Mary Poppins)

Come To Me (Elaine Stritch, Company, Sail Away)

Sail Away (David Holliday, Sail Away)

Why Do The Wrong People Travel? (Elaine Stritch, Sail Away) 

One Of A Kind (Len Cariou, Lauren Bacall, Applause)

You Must Meet My Wife (Len Cariou, Glynis Johns, A Little Night Music)

It Would Have Been Wonderful (Len Cariou, Laurence Guittard, A Little Night Music)

A Lovely Night (Julie Andrews, Cinderella)

Jimmy (Julie Andrews, Thoroughly Modern Millie)

Burlington Bertie From Bow (Julie Andrews, Star!)

Perfect Young Ladies (Millicent Martin, Paulette Girard, Ann Wakefield, Stella Claire, The Boy Friend)

A Room In Bloomsbury (Julie Andrews, John Hewer, The Boy Friend)

Won't You Charleston With Me? (Bob Scheerer, Ann Wakefield, The Boy Friend)

My Friends (Len Cariou, Angela Lansbury, Sweeney Todd)

Pretty Women (Len Cariou, Edmund Lyndeck, Sweeney Todd)

Epiphany (Len Cariou, Angela Lansbury, Sweeney Todd)

Lydia The Tattooed Lady (Groucho Marx, At The Circus)

I'm Against It (Groucho Marx, Horse Feathers)

Everyone Says I Love You (The Marx Brothers, Horse Feathers)

I Have Confidence (Julie Andrews, The Sound Of Music)

Just You Wait (Julie Andrews, My Fair Lady) 

Whistling Away The Dark (Julie Andrews, Darling Lili)

Something Good (Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, The Sound Of Music)

You And Me (Julie Andrews, Robert Preston, Victor/Victoria)

The Shady Dame (Robert Preston, Victor/Victoria)

I Have Dreamed (Julie Andrews)

No comments:

Post a Comment