Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Playlist for Sunday, Sept. 29, 2019: Gotta eatcher spinach!

I think I've totally lost it...I'm now playing Broadway vegetable songs.



But out here in "the sticks", one gets pretty surrounded with vegetables at this time of the year. At every turn, a farm market overwhelmed! A field overturned! And when you're on a bike, you don't just experience this for 4 seconds; nope, on 2 wheels it's more like 4 minutes or 40. Of pumpkins, cabbage, zucchini, peaches...the sights (the smells!), the damn-I-wish-I-knew-how-to-can emotions. (Not really. I like the idea of "canning", not the roll-your-sleeves-up-and-start-peeling reality!) So I guess it's rather "nature"-al for all that harvesting to eke into a playlist! (Don't worry, it's only 4 songs.)


We'll also have some "Vanilla Ice Cream" (She Loves Me), take a flight to "Never Never Land" (do I have to say...Peter Pan?), and let Tommy Tune "Seesaw" with us for 75 choruses of  Cy Coleman. (BTW, ever notice how I never play Barnum? I will never play Barnum. It's Coleman at a circus, and he is off the rails. Sort of like Wild Cat, without Lucy, but still...)(And, no I don't like "Colors of My Life." Just go away.) Plus Bernadette x 3!


So join me, already. We'll pick a peck, or a bushel, of Broadway...and eeether or iiiither way, have some fun! :)


It's Not Where You Start (Tommy Tune, Seesaw)
I Won't Grow Up (Mary Martin, Peter Pan)
Captain Hook's Waltz (Cyril Ritchard, Peter Pan)
Never Never Land (Mary Martin, Peter Pan)
Sounds While Selling (Ensemble, She Loves Me)
Tonight At 8 (Zachary Levi, She Loves Me)
Try Me (Nicholas Barasch, She Loves Me)
Vanilla Ice Cream (Laura Benanti, She Loves Me)
I Resolve (Jane Krakowski, She Loves Me)
Plant A Radish (Hugh Larson, The Fantasticks)
Let's Call The Whole Thing Off (Fred Astaire, Ginger Rodgers, Shall We
      Dance)
You've Gotta Eat Your Spinach, Baby (Shirley Temple, Alice Faye, Jack Haley,
      Poor Little Rich Girl)
I Say It's Spinach, And To Hell With It (Meredith Patterson, Jeffry
      Denman, Face The Music)
Yer My Friend Ain'tcha? (Thelma Ritter, Cameron Prud'homme, New Girl
      In Town)
Could've Been A Ring (Pert Kelton, Cecil Kelloway, Greenwillow)
Do You Love Me? (Zero Mostel, Maria Karnilova, Fiddler On The Roof)
You Made Me Love You (Patsy Kelly, George S. Irving, Irene)
The Beguine (Tamara Long, Steve Elmore, Dames At Sea)
Live Before We Die (Nathan Lane, Bebe Neuwirth, The Addams Family)
Moon River (Audra McDonald)
There Is No Music (Michael Feinstein)
So Many People (Jessica Molaskey, Make Believe)
Crossword Puzzle (Faith Prince, Total Faith)
Second Hand Rose (Fanny Brice)
Second Chance (Daniel McDonald, Karen Ziemba, Steel Pier)
Secondary Characters (Susan Blackwell, Heidi Blickenstaff, [title of show])
I Ain't Gonna Play No Second Fiddle (Marin Mazzie, Bullets Over Broadway)
What A Guy (Bernadette Peters, The Goodbye Girl)
Everybody Loves Louie (Bernadette Peters, Sunday In The Park With
      George)
Raining In My Heart (Bernadette Peters, Dames At Sea)
Doin' The Production Code (Ensemble, A Day In Hollywood/A Night In The
      Ukraine)
Chapter 54, Number 1909 (Tommy Tune, Ken Howard, Michele Lee, Seesaw)


No comments:

Post a Comment