Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Playlist For Sunday, February 24, 2019: Another February

I need something NEW. The wasteland that is February in upstate NY has got me down. I won't go into my myriad complaints about this month (always my least favorite), but suffice it to say that I shouldda planned a Bora Bora cruise or penny whistle workshops or picked up that bag-pipe cozy knitting pattern...some BIG THING to get me thru it. But no, unplanful me. I just rinse and repeat.


So I looked for a NEW musical...and I found one: Triumph Of Love, performed back in the 90s. Based on a commedia dell'arte play (from 1732 to be exact), made into something like 8 films (some German, some silent, some with Mira Sorvino), so it's sorta OLD, and BORROWED. Just not too blue. Cuz I don't need blue right now!!! So there's that. Plus The Rink, which I ordered thinking it was the Chita/Liza production, but nope, it's the London production with 2 ladies I don't know. Well, we're going to meet them on Sunday! Whatever!


Yma Sumac? Yes, and she DID do Broadway (Flahooley). Jason Alexander? Yes, quite the Broadway star...won a Tony for Jerome Robbins' Broadway. Brad Oscar as Bert Lahr? Kevin Chamberlain (Uncle Fester) as a Henchman? And a little Michael McKean (Lenny of Lenny & Squiggy, Spinal Tap, Best In Show, and on and on) getting jealous in pajamas, and Christine Ebersole, who really knows how I feel, wintering "Another Winter" in Grey (grey!!!) Gardens.


 Join me. Let's get outta this month in one piece, and together. :)



Slap That Bass (Harry Groener, Ensemble, Crazy For You)
Have A Little Faith (Susan Egan, Nancy Opel, Roger Bart, Kevin Chamberlain,
      Triumph Of Love)
The Sad And Sordid Saga of Cecile (Susan Egan, Christopher Sieber,
      Roger Bart, Triumph Of Love)
Henchmen Are Forgotten (Roger Bart, Kevin Chamberlain, Nancy Opel,
      Triumph Of Love)
You're A Builder Upper (Christopher Fitzgerald, Jessica Stone, Life Begins
      At 8:40)
Quartet Erotica (Brad Oscar, Christopher Fitzgerald, Graham Rowat, Philip
      Chaffin, Life Begins At 8:40)
Things (Faith Prince, Brad Oscar, Life Begins At 8:40)
Colored Lights (Diane Langton, The Rink)
Under The Roller Coaster (Diane Langton, The Rink)
Wallflower (Josephine Blake, Diane Langton, The Rink)
Upstairs At O'Neals (Ensemble, Upstairs At O'Neals)
Stools (Bebe Neuwirth, Douglas Bernstein, Richard Ryder, Upstairs At O'Neals)
Theatre Party Ladies (John Driver, Jeffrey Haddow, Roger Neil, Scrambled Feet)
Gopher Mambo (Yma Sumac)
Carnival Tango (Instrumental, The Boyfriend)
Mambo Java (Carol Channing, Quat' Jeudis, Show Girl)
Mu-Cha-Cha (Judy Holliday, Peter Gennaro, Bells Are Ringing)
Temptation (Instrumental, Some Like It Hot)
Dance At The Gym (Instrumental, West Side Story)
Prologue (Company, Natasha, Pierre, And The Great Comet)
You'll Be Back (Jonathon Groff, Hamilton)
Everything Changes (Jessie Mueller, Waitress)
I'll Never Be Jealous Again (Michael McKean, Roz Ryan, The Pajama Game)
I Still Get Jealous (Jason Alexander, Faith Prince, Jerome Robbins' Broadway)
Another Winter In A Summer Place (Christine Ebersole, Mary Louise Wilson,
      Grey Gardens)
Winter Song (Leslie Odom, Jr., Simply Christmas)
Winter's On The Wing (John Cameron Mitchell, The Secret Garden)
The Real American Folk Song Is A Rag (Cowboy Trio, Crazy For You)
What Causes That (Bruce Adler, Harry Groener, Crazy For You)
Shall We Dance (Harry Groener, Crazy For You)

No comments:

Post a Comment