Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Playlist for Sunday, October 23, 2016: Saving you a seat...and a slice!

Well, we have a lot to celebrate. Four years ago this week, 2 on the Aisle began...yup, just 4 years ago, terrified, hyperventilating, shaking in my "stilettos", I stood in front of that microphone and pushed a button. And the rest is far from history!  Anyway, there's that. Then it was my birthday (again!!! every year???) this week, and I am (again!!!) officially as old as dirt, so I've milked that into several parties/free dinners/toasts/toast...and if you put those 2 things together, you get a 2 on the Aisle full of memories and favorites and connections and hidden meanings...just don't go all psychoanalytic on me, okay? It's Birthday Broadway, pure and simple.

But that's not all...we are happily continuing our Jazz 90.1 pledge drive, which I actually like doing, to tell the truth. People call you up! You get to talk to people who actually listen and like! That's a buzz...and I would LOVE you to call this Sunday, which will make it sort of like a birthday present. Yes, call and donate (like $5, $27.50...whatever!) and I will feel personally gifted.

So on tap...42nd Street (which I tried out for back in 1981) (did I get in the show?) (hmmmm....you tell me!!!), Pacific Overtures (which I used to play on my WalkMan while running the East River), French stuff (I still dream of a garret on the Seine, croissants and better wine), Judy, Marilyn, Angela, Shirley, and of course Elaine. Tune in, call, and "cake" for everyone!


Lullaby Of Broadway (Jerry Orbach, Wanda Richert, 42nd Street)
Take Me Back To Manhattan (Eileen Rodgers and The Angels, Anything
     Goes)
Only In New York (Sheryl Lee Ralph, Thoroughly Modern Millie)
42nd Street (Company, 42nd Street)
Lydia The Tattooed Lady (Groucho Marx, At The Circus)
Brush Up Your Shakespeare (James Whitmore, Keenan Wynn, Kiss Me Kate)
River Of No Return (Marilyn Monroe, River Of No Return)
Lovesick (Sherie Rene Scott, Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown)
Invisible (Patti Lupone, Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown)
Model Behavior (Laura Benanti, Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Break-
      down)
Anything Goes/I Get A Kick Out Of You (Forbidden Broadway)
Fugue For Scalpers (Forbidden Broadway)
Liza One Note (Forbidden Broadway)
Someone In A Tree (James Dybas, Mako, Telly Leung, Mark Hsu Syers,
      Pacific Overtures)
A Bowler Hat (Isao Sato, Pacific Overtures)
Four Black Dragons (Jae Woo Lee, Mark Hsu Syers, Mako, Pacific Overtures)
Parlez-Moi D'Amour (Lucienne Boyer, The Moderns)
La Valse D'Amelie (Instrumental, Amelie)
Hier Encore (Charles Aznavour)
Are You Having Any Fun? (Elaine Stritch, Stritch)
If (Elaine Stritch, Stritch)
The Little Things You Do Together (Elaine Stritch, Elaine Stritch At Liberty)
Take Back Your Mink (Vivian Blaine and The Hot Box Girls, Guys And Dolls)
A Little More Mascara (George Hearn, La Cage Aux Folles)
I'm Going Back (Judy Holiday, Bells Are Ringing)
Each Tomorrow Morning (Angela Lansbury, Dear World)
Goodnight, My Love (Shirley Temple, Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm)

No comments:

Post a Comment