Monday, March 18, 2024

Playlist For Sunday, March 24, 2024: Blow Out The Candles, Robert (Steve)...and make a wish!

So having owned a new(to me) car, for 2 days now, I think I understand about 1/20 of it. Bells. Whistles. Screens. Automatic everything. At least I know how to basically drive it. And honk the horn.

Having "owned" a 2nd tattoo, for 5 days now, I think I've got enough to last the rest of my life. This one was tough. Digging into collar bones? They're like speed bumps with teeth. This time I thought another big eagle claw was in order (my therapist is concerned as to what that means), wrapping from my neck to the chest. All good in theory. Drugs schmugs. And rather silly, I guess. I had to wait 68 years to jump on a trend. Old ladies with tattoos?? Not pretty.


This is Lydia, not me. More power to her.
All I see is pain.

 

And having played alto sax for 2 months now, I think I still suck and am still stuck at 2 octaves and errant sharps and flats. And I do mean errant. I mean sometimes they're there. Sometimes not. Dynamics? Always loud. Tempo? A beat behind. But my music folder is alphabetized, my reeds ready, and my mood motivational! (Perky, if not Pitch, is my middle name.) 



 

But one thing I don't have to learn/evaluate/suck at is Sondheim. It would be "Steve's" 94th birthday come this Friday (3/22), so it's gotta be a birthday extravaganza in honor of him this Sunday. With bells and (Sweeney factory) whistles...and all the organ stops pulled out to do so (Beadle Bamford Approved). So you can expect the Follies and the Forums, the Companys and the Woods to come out of the Wood-work. My kinda show. :) 

 

I guess Spring (brought to you by peeps)
can really hang you up the most.


And remember...Spring is coming. Next week at 3. Along with Easter, that'll make an appearance, too. Baskets, bonnets, eggs, Fred, Judy, and a Bandwagon or 7. Tune in for that as well. 

(And now to bake a Sondheim "cake"!)

 

 

Prelude/The Ballad Of Sweeney Todd (Len Cariou, Angela Lansbury, Company, Sweeney Todd)

Company (Dean Jones, Ensemble, Company)

Sorry - Grateful (Charles Kimbrough, Charles Braswell, George Coe, Company)

Another Hundred People (Pamela Myers, Company)

Who's That Woman (Mary McCarty, Follies)

The Story Of Lucy And Jessie (Alexis Smith, Follies)

Broadway Baby (Elaine Stritch, Follies)

The Advantages of Floating In The Middle Of The Sea (Mako, Company, Pacific Overtures)

A Bowler Hat (Isao Sato, Pacific Overtures)

Someone In A Tree (James Dybas, Mako, Gedde Wantanabe, Mark Hsu Syers, Pacific Overtures)

Pretty Little Picture (Zero Mostel, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum)

Impossible (David Burns, Brian Davies, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum)

Finale (Company, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum)

Uptown, Downtown (Craig Lucas, Marry Me A Little)

I'm Still Here (Elaine Stritch, Elaine Stritch At Liberty)

The Worst Pies (Angela Lansbury, Sweeney Todd)

Johanna (Victor Garber, Sweeney Todd)

My Friends (Len Cariou, Angela Lansbury, Sweeney Todd)

Agony (Robert Westenberg, Chuck Wagner, Into The Woods)

Every Day A Little Death (Patricia Elliot, Victoria Mallory, A Little Night Music)

Not A Day Goes By (Jim Walton, Merrily We Roll Along)

Losing My Mind (Barbara Cook, Follies)

Color And Light (Mandy Patinkin, Bernadette Peters, Sunday In The Park With George)

I Remember (Charmian Carr, Evening Primrose)

The Ladies Who Lunch (Elaine Stritch, Company)

Anyone Can Whistle (Lee Remick, Anyone Can Whistle)

Send In The Clowns (Glynis Johns, A Little Night Music)

Being Alive (Bernadette Peters, Sondheim, Etc.)

Side By Side (Dean Jones, Company, Company)


No comments:

Post a Comment