Monday, June 5, 2023

Playlist For Sunday, June 11, 2023: Grow For Me!

I have a black thumb. And I know why. I really don't care. All of my plants need to be transplanted, rotated, trimmed back, repotted, "fed", watered (or less watered), just name it... they need help and I refuse to hear their cries. I will even spend $$$ to get landscaping, then totally ignore it and do nothing to maintain it.

 


In fact, those artificial plants at TJMaxx are lookin' pretty attractive right now. 

I HAD a vegetable garden when I first moved up here. I DID spend plenty of dough on annuals for a few years. I BOUGHT gardening gloves. I MULCHED. No more. I now wear a cloak of shame (a stole actually!) in front of my uber gardening neighbors. And yet, I care not. 

But musically, I'm down with veggies and gardens and growing! That's the theme of this ridiculous edition: The Vegan Edition? The Fruit and Veg Edition? Either will work. You pick. Literally. We've got forbidden fruit (apples), too ripe fruit (plums), radishes, spinach, absolutely NO bananas, insects to swat, grass to mow, and a lotta growing to do. Mulching with melody only.

 


 It must be last week's heat. I'm definitely losing it.

And where's the Tony edition, you may be asking? Well, I'm bypassing it entirely. I am little equipped to proffer an opinion on the shows up for awards this season. Some Like It Hot is the only musical (of the noms) I've seen, and that one was, at most, tepid. The others I know little to nothing about. Call me historical, I won't find that (too much of) an insult. I'll watch the presentation and learn, and if we (the Royal We) are amused, expect to hear new (worthy) selections soon.

 

This (don't get me started)

 


versus this

 


 and don't forget this! 


But for this Sunday, let's Broadway Garden, and reap the "nutrition"! We will attempt to amuse.

 

 

Plant A Radish (Thomas Bruce, Hugh Larson, The Fantasticks)

Peach On The Beach (Susan Watson, Ensemble, No, No, Nanette)

Apples, Peaches, And Cherries (Peggy Lee, Songs In An Intimate Style)

The Apple Tree (Larry Blyden, The Apple Tree)

Let's Call The Whole Thing Off (Fred Astaire, Ginger Rodgers, Shall We Dance)

I Say It's Spinach (And The Hell With It)(Jeffry Denman, Meredith Patterson, Face The Music)

You've Gotta Eat Your Spinach, Baby (Shirley Temple, Poor Little Rich Girl)

 Plant You Now, Dig You Later (Robert Fortier, Helen Gallagher, Pal Joey)

Come To The Supermarket (In Old Peking)(Barbra Streisand)

Who Will Buy? (Bruce Prochnik, Ensemble, Oliver!)

Street Calls (Harry Belafonte, Porgy And Bess)

The Grass Is Always Greener (Lauren Bacall, Marilyn Cooper, Woman Of The Year)

sssssSnake In The Grasssss (Bob Fosse, The Little Prince)

Grazing In The Grass (The Friends Of Distinction)

This Plum Is Too Ripe (Rita Gardner, Kenneth Nelson, Hugh Larson, Thomas Bruce, The Fantasticks)

Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries (Walter Harrah & Friends)

Banana Boat Song (Harry Belafonte)

Yes! We Have No Bananas (Jim Borstelmann, Company, Bullets Over Broadway)

Jitterbug Bite (Lucille Ball, Dance, Girl, Dance)

A Sleepin' Bee (Barbra Streisand)

The Jitterbug (Judy Garland, Jack Haley, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, The Wizard Of Oz)

The Pineapple Song (Lotte Lenya, Jack Gilford, Cabaret)

The Grapes Of Roth (Instrumental, Promises, Promises)

The Hot Patata (Kevin Chamberlin, The New Yorkers)

Will You? (Christine Ebersole, Grey Gardens)

World Weary (Christine Ebersole, Christine Ebersole Sings Noel Coward)

Grow For Me (Hunter Foster, Little Shop Of Horrors)

Growing Pains (Jessica Molaskey, Make Believe)

Grow Old With Me (Jason Robert Brown, Wearing Someone Else's Clothes)

Wick (Daisy Eagan, John Cameron Mitchell, The Secret Garden)

Make Our Garden Grow (Barbara Cook, Robert Rounseville, Candide) 

Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries (Jack Hylton And His Orchestra)


No comments:

Post a Comment