Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Playlist for Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013: A Whole Year Old!

Last Sunday, 2 on the Aisle celebrated its first anniversary!  Hard to believe that I've survived a year of radio hosting.  I used to actually SHAKE before each show.  That's where that saying comes from, I guess: Shaking in Your Shoes.  Well, I'm past all that now.  A regular pro.  Well...on my good days!

So this week, we've got some pretty quirky stuff on the "menu."  I've been wanting to play "Swing" from Wonderful Town forever...and finally carved a space for it.  Rosalind Russell trying to act all hep?  Floy Doying all around, with that beatnik beat...you can almost smell the Mary Jane.  (I said ALMOST!)...Then there's "The Dream" from Fiddler on the Roof...where Tevye, played by Zero, "dreams" up a nightmare, hoping to convince his wife to choose another husband for their daughter.  Over the top, but I love it!

A bit of Elaine, a song by Barbra, some Honey Bun and a hilarious Hysterium...and you've got this week's 2 on the Aisle..."see" you Sunday!


I'm the Greatest Star (Barbra Streisand, Funny Girl)
The Dream (Zero Mostel and Cast, Fiddler on the Roof)
A Small Cartel (Ensemble, Tovarich)
What Causes That? (Harry Groener, Bruce Adler, Crazy for You)
Sue Me! (Sam Levene, Vivian Blaine, Guys and Dolls)
Take It on the Chin (Maryann Plunkett, Me and My Girl)
I Love to Cry at Weddings (Ensemble, Sweet Charity)
Come Up to My Place (Nancy Walker, Cris Alexander, On the Town)
Swing! (Rosalind Russell, Wonderful Town)
Maine (Richard Kiley, Diahann Carroll, No Strings)
I Never Know When (Elaine Stritch, Goldilocks)
Honey Bun (Mary Martin, South Pacific)
I'm Calm (Jack Gilford, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum)



No comments:

Post a Comment